Postgraduate education – Institute of Pharmacy Professionals Qualification Improvement (IPHPQI)
Address: 17 Zahysnynykiv Ukrainy sq., Kharkiv, 61001
Tel.: +38 (057) 732-05-41
Tel./fax: +38 (057) 732-58-53
Institute of Pharmacy Professionals Qualification Improvement is one of the structural units of the National University of Pharmacy – one of the oldest and elite universities in Europe. This higher education institution fully covers the needs for postgraduate education practitioners in pharmaceutical sector of Ukraine.
The institute trains professionals for pharmacy services and pharmaceutical enterprises after receiving a diploma (degree), and also trains professorial and teaching staff, personnel of the highest link (mastership, post-graduate education, doctorship). The institute has modern methodical and material base, highly qualified professorial and teaching staff for studying in the highest level. While working Institute of Pharmacy Professionals Qualification Improvement prepare over 70 thousand listeners.
The Institute has modern teaching methodology and facilities, highly qualified teaching staff that provides educational process at high level. IPhPQI today – 2 faculty (training and postgraduate education), among which are 6 departments. There are 3 basic departments in system of Ministry of Health of Ukraine in structure of IPHPQI: Management and Economics of Pharmacy, General Pharmacy and Safety of Drugs Quality, Standardization and Certification of Medicines. The teaching staff of Institute is 80 lectures among them: 13 professors, 65 associate professors and candidates of sciences.
Head of Postgraduate education – Institute of Pharmacy Professionals Qualification Improvement:
Aleksandr F. Piminov, D.Sc. in Pharmacy, professor.
Теl.: +38 (057) 7325853
Dmitriy L. Velikiy, Ph.D. in Pharmacy, associate professor.
Теl.: +38 (057) 731-98-06
Dean of post-graduate education department:
Alla V. Glushchenko, Ph.D. in Pharmacy, associate professor.
Теl.: +38 (057) 7319276
The institute trains professionals for pharmacy services and pharmaceutical enterprises after receiving a diploma (degree), and also trains professorial and teaching staff, personnel of the highest link (mastership, post-graduate education, doctorship). The institute has modern methodical and material base, highly qualified professorial and teaching staff for studying in the highest level.
- general Pharmacy and Safety of drag;
- drugs quality, standardization and certification;
- clinical pharmacology
- pedagogy and psychology.
- industrial pharmacy and economics;
- management and economics of pharmacy
- management automatic systems department
Tasks that are solved by the IPHPQI:
- organization and conducting of all types of postgraduate training with considering the needs of practical pharmacy;
- advanced training and internship of scientific and pedagogical workers of pharmaceutical and medical higher educational establishments;
- conducting research work on modern problems of the practical pharmaceutical sector of the health care branch;
- improvement of the types of advanced training with considering the current advances in pharmaceutical science and practice;
- studying and generalization the advanced experience in postgraduate education, improving existing training programs and plans;
- development of new programs of thematic improvement cycles according to needs of the health care branch;
- participation in the work of national and foreign educational and scientific events.
Types of advanced training
- Thematic improvement cycles (duration of training 72- 234 hours)
- Pre-attestation training cycles (duration of training 156 hours)
- Specialization (internship):
-«General pharmacy» (duration of training 624 hours)
– «Clinical pharmacy»(duration of training 932 hours)
- Secondary specialization of pharmacy specialists (duration of training 312 hours)
- Primary qualification improvement of teacher staff and continuous professional development.
The institute proposes more 70 particular specialisations (72 and 156 hours):
- in clinical pharmacology;
- in pharmacognosy
- in problems of the forensic pharmacy;
Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Zaporozhye, Kirovograd, Luhansk, Mykolaiv, Poltava, Odessa, Rivne, Chernihiv, Sumy, Volyn’, Chernihiv, Zhytomyr, Vinnitsa, Kherson, Kharkiv and its regions, the Republic Crimea and Sevastopol.
IPhPQI trains teachers and staff from pharmaceutical (medical establishments from all regions of Ukraine.
The Institute provides training not only at its base, but also organizes traveling cycles.
Contingent of audience:
- Clinical pharmacists;
- Laboratory assistants;
- Machine operative men;
- And other specialists in the field of pharmacy.
Requirements for study
Students’ training is carried out on the basis of budget financing and on contract basis. The reason for admission to the budget cycle is the permition issued by the regional “Pharmacy” for professionals working in drugstores’ of state and municipal property. The reason for self-financing cycle is a statement of the listener or written contract.
Documents required at registration for training:
- certificate (for non-resident);
- university diploma;
- evidence of recent passage of training courses;
- taxpayer‘s evidence (for students for self-supporting basis).