Olha P. Khvorost – Professor of the Department of Chemistry of Natural Compounds, Doctor of Pharmaceutical sciences
Address: 61168, Kharkiv, 4 Valentynivska str., chemical campus building, 4 floor
Tel/fax: (0572) 67-93-63
Olha P. Khvorost was born on October 9, 1960 in Kharkiv. She graduated from Kharkiv Pharmaceutical Institute with honours in 1982, where she has been working since 1982: senior laboratory assistant (1982-1984), assistant (1984-1992), senior teacher (1992-1996), associate professor (1996-2006), professor of the Department of Botany (2006 -2012), Head of the Department of Pharmacognosy (2012 -2013), since 2013 – Professor of the Department of Chemistry of Natural Compounds of NUPh. Olha P. Khvorost has gained the Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences (1986), academic title of an associate professor (1998), Doctor Pharmaceutical Sciences degree (2006), academic title of a professor (2008).
Olha P. Khvorost has defended the thesis “Phytochemical study of common alder” for the Candidate of Sciences degree (1986), and the thesis «Pharmacognostic study of the plants of the Betulales order and obtaining the new biologically active substances of various targeting” (2006).
Area of scientific research: pharmacognostic study of widespread native wild and cultivated plants aimed at the creation of original medicines. Olha P. Khvorost is the co-inventor of 4 industrially produced original medicines (Altan tablets, Altan gastroresistant tablet, Altan ointment, elgacine).
Olha P. Khvorost was awarded Certificates of Appreciation of the NUPh. She is the Professor Emeritus of NUPh.
Social work. Head of the approbation council for specialties 15.00.02 and 15.00.03.
Dissertations performed under the supervision of Professor Olha P. Khvorost
Theses for the Doctor of Sciences degree:
- Tetiana M. Gontova – “Pharmacognostic research on the plants from Violaceae and Boraginaceae families, prospects of their uses in medicine” (2012);
- Volodymyr V. Malyi – “Pharmacognostic research on the plants from Oleaceae, Aceraceae, Ulmaceae, Caprifoliaceae families and creation of substances on their basis” (2013);
- Iuliia A. Fedchenkova – “Scientific and theoretical substantiation of studying leaves as a type of plant material for obtaining medicines” (the defense is planned in 2017)
Theses for the Candidate of Sciences degree:
- Yana S. Kichymasova – “Pharmacognostic study of common ash and working out substances on its basis” (2006);
- Iuliia A. Fedchenkova – “Pharmacognostic study of certain Acer genus representatives and prospects of their uses in medicine” (2009);
- Tetiana V. Oproshanska – “Pharmacognostic study of Arctium genus plants and creation of substances on their basis” (2010);
- Kateryna D. Mishnieva – “Pharmacognostic study of wild pansy, pharmacopoeial quality pansy and creation of substances on their basis” (2010);
- oOlha S. Malaia – “Pharmacognostic study of the bark and other plant material types of widespread Betula L. genus representatives” (2010);
- Viktoriia V. Mashtaler – “Pharmacognostic study of Borago officinalis L. and creation of substances on its basis” (2010);
- Iryna A. Danylova – “Pharmacognostic study of smooth-leaved elm and creation of substances on its basis” (2011);
- Mariia S. Loburtsova – “Pharmacognostic study of unspotted lungwort and creation of substances on its basis” (2012);
- Vasyl M. Vodoslavskyi – “Pharmacognostic study of common chickweed herb” (2014);
- Kostiantyn V. Andrianov – “Comparative pharmacognostic study of plant material of widespread peppermint varieties” (2016);
- Olha V. Hamulia – “Pharmacognostic study of cucumber” (2016);
- Ivanna I. Batiuchenko – Pharmacognostic research on pumpkin herb” (the defense is planned in 2017);
- Liliia V. Ocheredko – “Pharmacognostic research on the underground organs of the Rosa genus plants” (the defense is planned in 2018).
- Liliya Viktorovna Ocheredko – “Pharmacognostic investigations of the underground organs of plants of Rose genus” (protection is planned for 2019)
- Posokhova Irina Yuryevna – “Pharmacognostic study of raw materials of domestic representatives of Lauraceae” (defense in 2022).
- Pharmacognosy: basic subroutine. for the stud higher pharmacy shut up IV level of accreditation / V.S. Kislichenko, I.O. Zhuravel, S.M. Marcheishin and others; ed. V.S. Kislichenko – Kharkiv: NFaU: Golden Pages, 2015. – 736 p. (the letter of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine No. 23-01-09 / 86 dated 14.04.2014).
- Pharmacognosy: basic education. for high school students pharmacy studying establishments (pharm.fac.) IV level of accreditation; ed. dorab and add [autoriz. per. from ukraine yaz.] / VS Kislichenko, I.A. Zhuravel, SM Markishin, O.P. Illness; ed. VS Kislichenko – Kharkiv: NFaU: Golden Pages, 2017. – 776 p. ; 16 sec. ts incl (the letter of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine No. 23-01-09 / 86 dated 14.04.2014).
- “Botany. Field practice “(2001),
- “Workshop on the identification of medicinal plant materials” (2014),
- Krok 1 “Pharmacy”. Botany: [teaching aid for preparation for licensing exam] / [Serbin AG, Hvorost OP, Rudenko VP, Gray LM, Fedchenkova Yu.A. and etc.] ; by ed. A.G. Serbina and L.M. Gray. – NUPh, 2010.-52 p.
- Maly V.V. Working journal on pharmaceutical botany for students of the specialty “ТРhР” / V.V. Small, O.P. Khvorost, A.G. Serbin, Yu.A. Fedchenkova: NUPh, 2012. – 32s.
- Guidelines for pharmaceutical botany for students of the faculty of “Technology of pharmaceutical preparations” / O.P. Khvorost [and others]. – NUPh, 2012. – 40 p.
- “Medicinal plants from A to Z”: studies. benefit for stud. higher pharmac. studies Head ІІІ-ІV level accreditation / O. P. Khvorost, T. V. Oproshanskaya, Yu. A. Fedchenkova, E. D. Mishneva, A. A. Stremoukhov, N. V. Borodina. – X .: Publishing house NUPh; 2012.- 107 p.
- Pharmacognosy and resource management of medicinal plants. Collection of tests to prepare for the licensing exam “Krok-2” / V.N. Kovalev, T.I. Isakova, Yu.A. Fedchenkova et al. – Kh.: NFa Publisher, 2012. – 95 p.