Rector of the National University of Pharmacy – Chernykh Valentyn Petrovych, academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine in Science and Technology, Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Professor, Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine, Honoured Inventor of Ukraine, Honorary citizen of Kharkiv.
Languages of instruction: Ukrainian, Russian, English.
Training period: 1 – 6 years, depending on basic education.
Mode of study: full-time, part-time, distance, evening-time.
Academic process is carried out on the basis of the leading chemical and pharmaceutical enterprises, pharmacies, clinics of Kharkiv and Ukraine.
- educational and production area: 105000 sq.m.
- 6 academic buildings
- 6 hostels
- NUPh botanical garden: 9000 sq.m.
- research field
- cable television
- language labs with application of intensive technologies
- 37 computer classrooms
- modern equipment
- hi-tech devices
- Scientific Library
- more than 600 000 volumes of educational and scientific literature
- 8 electronic reading halls
- sports and health complex: 2860 sq. m.
- catering complex for 700 places
- NUPh is a large centre of pharmaceutical science.
- Chemical synthesis and analysis of biologically active substances, creation of synthetic medicines.
- Pharmacognostic study of biologically active substances, creation of botanical medicine.
- Development of composition and technology of production of biologically active substances and natural drugs (except for botanical medicine).
- Pharmacological study of biologically active substances, synthetic and natural medicines, their application in medical practice.
- Organization of pharmaceutical business, management and marketing in pharmacy.
- Creation of homeopathic drugs.
- Development of composition and technology of production of veterinary medicines.
- Creation of curative cosmetics.
- Pedagogy and psychology of higher medical and pharmaceutical school.
Scientific and teaching staff :
- 116 Doctors of Sciences, Professors
- 447 Candidates of Sciences, Associate Professors
Training scientific and teaching staff of the highest qualification at NUPh
PhD and D.Sc. programs in the following specialities:
14.03.05 — Pharmacology
15.00.01 — Technology of Drugs, Organization of Pharmaceutical Business and Forensic Pharmacy
15.00.02 — Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmacognosy
15.00.03— Standardization and Organization of Production of Drugs
Three specialized scientific councils function at the National University of Pharmacy
The university issued scientific journals: “News of Pharmacy”, “Clinical Pharmacy”, “Journal of Organic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry”, “Management, economics and quality assurance in pharmacy”, “Ukrainian biopharmaceutical journal”, “Social Pharmacy in Public Health” , “ScienceRise” (with Ternopil state medical University. Gorbachevskogo IJ), which are professional and Education of Ukraine approved the scientific and popular magazine “Beauty and the Department of laboratory diagnostics.”