Reference book “Scientific developments of the National University of Pharmacy. Medicines” contains a list and brief information on medicinal products of synthetic and natural origin which have been developed or are under development in NUPh for the period from 1991 to2010. Insection 6 of this reference book there is a list of patents that provide legal protection of the presented medicines and biologically active substances. There are also presented the development of drugs made in collaboration with other organizations.
Scientific and research activity of the University covers all priority areas of fundamental and applied researches in the field of pharmacy, including:
– Chemical synthesis, working out of drugs and substances of synthetic origin;
– Investigation, analysis, development of the composition and technology of producing natural and biologically active substances, creation of medicines of herbal origin;
– Technology of producing original and combination drugs in various dosage forms;
– Pharmacological and clinical studies of biologically active substances and drugs of synthetic and natural origin, their use in medical practice;
– Creation of homeopathic medicines;
– Development of the composition and technology of veterinary drugs;
– Creation of dietary supplements (BAA).
Over the past 20 years in the pharmacy there was created a range of medicines based on new biologically active substances synthesized in the departments and laboratories of the chemical profile. Original low-toxic drugs developed on the basis of the components of plant and animal origin and also bee products.
Reference book performs functions which allow representatives of pharmaceutical and medical industry review developments of NUPh and identify potential opportunities for further joint mutually beneficial cooperation in the creation, production and realization of medicinal products.
Reference book is intended for academicians and practitioners in the field of development, manufacturing and realization of medicinal products, as well as for students, masters and postgraduates of pharmaceutical and medical higher educational institutions.