On December 11-20, 2017, Associate Professor of the Department of Quality, Standardization and Certification of Drugs of the Institute of Pharmacy Professionals Qualification Improvement of the National University of Pharmacy Savchenko Lessia Petrivna participated in the 8th International Pharmaceutical Conference “Science and Practice” 2017 at the invitation of the Lithuanian Pharmaceutical Association on the basis of Pharmaceutical Faculty of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Kaunas, Lithuania.
Within the framework of participation in the conference a report was presented on the following topic: “Stability assessment of compounding requirements in accordance with modern requirements”.
During the visit to Kaunas University, a meeting was held with the University Rector, Doctor of Biomedical Sciences, Prof. Remigijus Žaliūnas and the Dean of the Pharmaceutical Faculty, Prof. Ramune Morkuniene.
During the visit, development of methods for quantitative determination of components of the extemporal suspension by high-performance liquid chromatography method was begun, optimal approaches to sample preparation during the analysis were selected.
November 4-8, 2017 delegation of the Pharmacoeconomics Department of the NUPh (Prof. Iakovlieva L.V., Associate Professor Gerasуmova A.A., Associate Professor Tkachova A.V.) took part in the 20th Annual European Congress of the International Society For Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR), Glasgow (Scotland).
The following issues were considered at the ISPOR Congress:
– evaluation of medical technologies;
– methods of pharmacoeconomic analysis;
– use of modeling in the assessment of medical technologies;
– statistical evaluation of the results of pharmacoeconomic studies;
– use of multicriteria analysis in decision-making in health care;
– possibility of transferring data on cost-effectiveness when using medicines between countries;
– evaluation of medical technologies using data from real clinical practice;
– drug reimbursement systems in Europe;
– application of the risk distribution system in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
These issues are of immediate importance for the educational process and scientific research conducted at the Department of Pharmacoeconomics.
Results of the visit:
- Participation in plenary and sectional meetings of the Congress (November 4-8, 2017).
- Presentation of poster reports on the results of studies conducted at the Department of Pharmacoeconomics:
– Iakovlieva L., Tkachova O., Bezdetko N., Mischenko O., Gerasoumova O., Matyashova N., Berdnik O. Analysis of indicators consumption of oral hypoglycemic drugs in Ukraine in 2015 (06 November 2017).
– Iakovlieva L., Bezditko N., Tkachova O., Mishchenko O., Gerasumova O., Matyashova N., Berdnik O. Analysis of the consumption of anti-tb medicines in Ukraine during 2012-2016 (07 November 2017) .
- Participation in the joint meeting of the ISPOR offices of Ukraine and Serbia (07.11.2017).
On October 23-26, 2017, ABRAHAM NAI, the Ghanaian student of the 2nd year of the academic year 2017-2018, Faculty for foreign citizens’ education, National University of Pharmacy, attended the «2nd International Conference on Ophthalmology».
On May 15-17, 2017, delegation of the National University of Pharmacy consisting of Professors of the Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacy: Sakharova T.S., Dobrova V.Ye., Associate Professors: Andrieieva O.O., Bezugla N.P., Zupanets K.O., Tarasenko O.O., Shebeko S.K. and Head of the Department of Philosophy Prof. Ivanova K.A. participated in the International Scientific Conference «Іnternational Соnference on Рharmaceutical Drugs» in Dubai, UAE.
Scientists of the leading universities and research centers from more than 10 countries participated in the Conference (Great Britain, Egypt, India, Jordan, Morocco, United Arab Emirates, Poland, Saudi Arabia, USA, France, and Ukraine).
Assoc. Prof. Zupanets K.A. was invited to the Organizing Committee of the conference and was included into the Presidium of the plenary session.
On 15.05.1017, Assoc. Prof. Zupanets K.A. made a report at the plenary session on topic «Safety Issues in Bioequivalence and Phase I studies».
The best posters reports were selected on the same day. The following members of the NUPh delegation were invited to the Competition Commission for assessment of posters: Assoc. Prof. Bezugla N.P., Assoc. Prof. Zupanets K.A., Assoc. Prof. Shebeko S.K.
Assoc. Prof. Zupanets K.A. was invited to hold an award ceremony together with Professor from the University of Sharjah (UAE) and the Cairo University (Egypt).
On 16.05.1017, Prof. Dobrova V.E. presented a report at the breakout session: «Risk Assessment in Clinical Trials, is it obligatory for Clinical Trial Staff». Assoc. Prof. Zupanets K.A. leaded the work of meeting of the section «Adverse Drug Safety».
On 17.05.1017, delegation of the NUPh initiated a round table on the issues of pharmaceutical education with participation of: Prof. Nebal Eltalbouli, Faculty of Pharmacy of Cairo University, Director for research works of the pharmaceutical company SЕКЕМ (Egypt) and Assoc. Prof. Khasan Alkhmud, Faculty of Pharmacy of the Yarmouk University (Jordan).
During the work of the round table, the participants exchanged information on specific features of organization of educational process at the field-specific faculties of the abovementioned Universities, discussed issues of cooperation between the Universities in the field of education and science, joint research.
Participation in the Conference allowed to demonstrate the results of scientific researches of the faculty members of the National University of Pharmacy and to represent the University to a big number of scientists at the world level. Professors and Associate Professors of the NUPh got acquainted with modern achievements in the field of drug research and development; they exchanged experience in educational and scientific work at the Faculties of Pharmacy of the Universities of Egypt and Jordan in the context of new educational and information technologies and integration into the scientific space.