Health, Sport and Leisure Center was created by the order № 80k of February 1, 2019.
The resolution of the National Congress of the Sports Student Union of Ukraine, adopted on May 25, 2018 in Lutsk, became the basis of creation of this structural division. According to this resolution, it is recommended to create subsections with separate organizational, personnel, methodical, scientific, financial and material support by institutions of higher education in the structure, near departments of physical education which would carry out activity of sports development in IHE.
The purpose of NUPh Health, Sport and Leisure Center is creation of favorable conditions for physical culture and sport, organizations of rest and leisure for realization of the right of students and staff of the university.
The main tasks in activity of Health, Sport and Leisure Center:
- assistance to harmonious personal development, active public position and national patriotically to education, prevention of asocial behavior;
- preservation of mental, psychological, physical and moral health of students and staff of the university;
- education of comprehensively developed personality by means of physical culture and sport;
- involvement of students and staff of the university to the process of strengthening of health by forming a healthy lifestyle;
- involvement of students and staff of the university to regular physical culture and sport trainings;
- promotion of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and implementation of the corresponding principles and ideals during study, works, life and rest;
- forming the need for motor activity in consciousness of students, as the necessary component of a healthy lifestyle and the guarantee of progress in the course of activity;
- creation of sports amateur associations, sections, teams of different kinds of sport;
- organization and holding mass recreational and sporting events;
- carrying out work according to sports improvement, preparation and participation of national teams of the university in competitions;
- organization of students’ leisure activities;
- organization of free time of students, search of new forms of its organization;
- organization and service of the recreational zone for rest, gardening of the territory of the university;
- creation of base of botany and pharmacognosy curricular-practical training for students of the university;
- creation, preservation and replenishment of collection of plants;
- promoting of achievements in the branch of botany, environmental protection, plant cultivation and selection, decorative gardening and landscape architecture among students and staff of the university;
- providing paid services in the sphere of healthcare, rest, leisure, improvement, tourism, physical culture and sport.
Health, Sport and Leisure Center, according to the put tasks on it, can perform such functions:
- creation of the corresponding conditions and opportunities for satisfaction of versatile interests of students, employees of the university in the sphere of healthcare, rest, leisure, improvement, tourism, physical culture and sport;
- organization of health promotion, introduction of physical culture and sport in the system of study, work, life and rest of students and staff of the university;
- organization and carrying out training, information-methodical, large-scale organizational mass and educational works;
- organization and holding mass recreational and sporting events;
- organization, carrying out and ensuring control on training process in sports sections, groups, national teams, clubs in sports interests, creation of necessary conditions for growth of skill at students-sportsmen;
- developing and approbation of recreational and public sports technologies, new forms of recreational and rehabilitation work;
- preparation of the relevant proposals of rather state social standards and standards, new forms, methods and innovative technologies in implementation of physical culture and participation in their development;
- introduction of offers concerning improvement of acting, developing new programs for issues of physical culture development and participation in their realization;
- carrying out monitoring concerning the level of physical health of different groups of the population and involvement of students and staff of the university to mass sport;
- organization, participation and holding trainings, seminars, meetings, congresses, conferences, briefings, round tables for questions which belong to mental, psychological, physical and moral health;
- establishing communications with international organizations and institutions of higher education concerning the organization and holding recreational and sporting events;
- creation and reconstruction of the full-fledged park landscape created by even greenhouses, rosaries and other natural elements – plants, relief, water in combination with the development of road – path way, elements of improvement, engineering equipment;
- providing paid services in the sphere of healthcare, rest, leisure, improvement, tourism, physical culture and sport to natural and legal entities, according to the current legislation;
- providing offers rather timely capital and maintenance of buildings, rooms, constructions of Health, Sport and Leisure Center and equipment;
- ensuring rational and effective use of material and technical resources, sports constructions, stock, equipment;
- introduction of offers providing the university with sports constructions, recreational and sports equipment and also other material means necessary for implementation of the purposes and tasks for Health, Sport and Leisure Center, taking into account requirements and opportunities of the university;
- implementation of other actions which don’t contradict the legislation and the creating conditions for performance of tasks which face Health, Sport and Leisure Center.
Physical culture and Health complex, Sector of Student’s sport and Botanical garden belong to Health, Sport and Leisure Center.
Physical culture and Health complex
– Physical culture and Health complex 2860 m2 (6 gyms)
– Football field with an artificial covering 1087.5 m2
– Tennis courts of 3280 m2
Lately gyms have been renewed and equipped with the modern equipment in Physical culture and Health complex: volleyball hall, exercise room, gymnasium, hall for fitness and hall for medical physical culture. Capital repairs of locker rooms, shower rooms, bathrooms were made.
Physical culture and Health complex together with Department of physical rehabilitation and health constantly organizes and holds sports competitions.
Paid service provisioning in physical culture and sport on such sports: volleyball, football, handball, fitness, athletic gymnastics, tennis, sports ballroom dances are organized by Physical culture and Health complex and Department of physical rehabilitation and health.
Paid service provisioning in physical culture and sport attracts extra money to the budget of the university.
Sector of Students’ sport
Sector of Students’ sport is created for the purpose of providing conditions for sports training of applicants of higher education, including for participation in Ukrainian Student Games, championships of Ukraine, Europe and the world among students, European student games, World Student Games and other competitions among students.
It is planned to organize work on the following sports within activity of Sector of Students’ sport: football, volleyball, basketball, cheerleading, sports tourism and another.
For this time we are working towards recruitment of personnel (advantage is provided to young specialists), training plans-programs are being developed.
ПThe professors O.H. Serbin, N.V. Kovalyov, the associate professor T.A. Krasnikova and the candidate of agricultural sciences A.T. Volodarska – the first head of Botanical garden – were the first creators of Botanical garden. The collective was headed by V.S. Pietukhov from 1988 till 2018.
Over 5000 exemplars of plants which belong up to 247 types grow on the garden territory. Among them there are such relicts as ginkgo biloba and yew, a big collection of coniferous species – 80 types. There are also deciduous trees maples, poplars, birches, ash-trees, mountain ashes, bird cherries, cherries, aspens, willows, beeches, hornbeams, apricots, nuts and a lot of others.Also bushes, such as lilac, cotoneaster, pearlbush grow there. A greenhouse was acquired after a while at the request of botanical garden’s employees. All conditions were created in it for cultivation of exotic plants-lemons, pomegranate, agave, ficuses, and ferns. Today it is the true pride of garden where the particle of summer is stored during the cold winter time.
Botanical garden territory is conditionally broken into 10 sites where herbs are planted. It is calendula, sage, yarrow, lavender, foxglove, adonis, belladonna, periwinkle, althea, coltsfoot, hellebore, caraway and a lot of another.
The recreational zone is created in the territory of botanical garden: path of health, ground for improving fitness classes, Hatha yoga, and remedial gymnastics in the fresh air for ensuring educational-training process and active leisure for students of NUPh.
Opening of the “Path of Health” took place in the spring of 2019 by the rector of NUPh Kotvitska Alla Anatoliivna. The Path of Health (also the road, the route) is for the dosed walking or jogging and also has the ground with apparatuses and exercise machines. It is in the territory of botanical garden.
For this time Botanical garden is equipped with modern professional gardening appliances, all necessary stock, agrochemical products.