On November 28 – December 3, 2017, the NUPh delegation (Head of the Pharmacotherapy Department Prof. Kiriiev I.V., Head of the Pharmacognosy Department Prof. Koshevoi O.M.) visited Estonia (Tartu, Võru).
The NUPh delegation took part in the international conference “Next Chapter in Patient Care 2017 – Medication Review” on the basis of the University of Tartu: presentations were made at plenary sessions by specialists from Belgium, Great Britain, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Portugal, Sweden, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovenia; they also participated in workshop “Pharmaceutical policy and education about medication review” (Mike Rouse, USA).
During the visit, the NUPh delegation met with the Head of the International Cooperation Unit Serge Uprus; Director of the Institute of Pharmacy Prof. Ain Raal.
The NUPh delegation had an excursion to the educational and scientific laboratories of the Institute, the University Clinic (issue of the introductory medical practice of the NUPh students in Tartu was agreed with the Director of the Clinic Margus Ulst).
Results of the trip: plans for further scientific and educational cooperation, possibility of internship for academic staff at the University of Tartu (Faculty of Pharmacy), conclusion of cooperation agreement between the National University of Pharmacy and the University of Tartu were discussed.
November 4-8, 2017 delegation of the Pharmacoeconomics Department of the NUPh (Prof. Iakovlieva L.V., Associate Professor Gerasуmova A.A., Associate Professor Tkachova A.V.) took part in the 20th Annual European Congress of the International Society For Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR), Glasgow (Scotland).
The following issues were considered at the ISPOR Congress:
– evaluation of medical technologies;
– methods of pharmacoeconomic analysis;
– use of modeling in the assessment of medical technologies;
– statistical evaluation of the results of pharmacoeconomic studies;
– use of multicriteria analysis in decision-making in health care;
– possibility of transferring data on cost-effectiveness when using medicines between countries;
– evaluation of medical technologies using data from real clinical practice;
– drug reimbursement systems in Europe;
– application of the risk distribution system in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
These issues are of immediate importance for the educational process and scientific research conducted at the Department of Pharmacoeconomics.
Results of the visit:
- Participation in plenary and sectional meetings of the Congress (November 4-8, 2017).
- Presentation of poster reports on the results of studies conducted at the Department of Pharmacoeconomics:
– Iakovlieva L., Tkachova O., Bezdetko N., Mischenko O., Gerasoumova O., Matyashova N., Berdnik O. Analysis of indicators consumption of oral hypoglycemic drugs in Ukraine in 2015 (06 November 2017).
– Iakovlieva L., Bezditko N., Tkachova O., Mishchenko O., Gerasumova O., Matyashova N., Berdnik O. Analysis of the consumption of anti-tb medicines in Ukraine during 2012-2016 (07 November 2017) .
- Participation in the joint meeting of the ISPOR offices of Ukraine and Serbia (07.11.2017).
On June 12-13, 2017, Head of the Department of Chemistry of Natural Compounds of the National University of Pharmacy Prof. Kyslychenko Viktoriia Serhiivna had a business visit to the University in Presov (Slovakia). Within the framework of the visit, a meeting was held with the Vice-Rector for International Relations and Marketing Dr. Ladislav Sukhan, Deputy Dean for Development and Informatization Prof. Ivan Salamon and Vice-Rector of the University of Kilis named after December 7 (Kilis 7 Aralık University), (Kilis, Turkey), Prof. Nazim Shekerohlu. Among the issues that were discussed, much attention was paid to the participation of the above-mentioned universities and the NUPh in the Erasmus + program and cooperation in the scientific sphere.