November 20-25, 2017 – postgraduate internship for pedagogical and academic staff of higher education institutions of I-IV accreditation levels “ORGANIZATION OF EDUCATIONAL PROCESS, INNOVATIVE METHODS AND TECHNOLOGIES OF TRAINING IN HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS OF POLAND” on the basis of the Collegium Civitas University in Warsaw, Poland, senior lecturer of the Pharmacology Department, DSc. in Pharmacy Butko Yaroslava Oleksandrivna. Organizer of the internship: NGO “European League of Professional Development” with the support of the Center for Polish Education.
Purpose of the internship: to increase the level of theoretical and practical training of graduate students, doctoral students, scientific and academic staff, to master the newest unique methods, to acquire experience in the implementation of research and teaching activities, to provide information exchange and to expand scientific contacts.
Module 1. Organization of education, programs and training of students in Polish universities.
Module 2. Innovative teaching methods in the structure of modern educational institution: integration of advanced technologies, scientific achievements and practical experience.
Module 3. Modern university: international cooperation and internationalization of the educational process at the European level.
A study visit to the University of Wrocław (Uniwersytet Wrocławski) was held during the internship.
Within the framework of the Cooperation Agreement under the academic mobility program, the National University of Pharmacy annually accepts for training and internships students from pharmaceutical faculties of partner Universities.
One of such old friends and partners is the Kazakh National Medical University named after S.D. Asfendiyarov in Almaty.
Thus, in October 2017, on the basis of the NUPh, the following master degree students underwent scientific internship in the framework of execution of a fragment of their research works on the topic of the their master’s thesis:
- DAUTOVA DINARA – 2nd course master degree student of Pharmaceutical Faculty of the KazNMU (internship base: Department of Chemistry of Natural Compounds, scientific supervisor: Head of the Department, Prof. Kyslychenko V.S.) Topic: “Pharmaceutical development of suppositories with wormwood extracts Gmedina”
- MISERALI AIZADA – 1st course master degree student of Pharmaceutical Faculty of the KazNMU (internship base: Department of Chemistry of Natural Compounds, scientific supervisor: Head of the Department, Prof. Kyslychenko V.S.) Topic: “Pharmacological study of CO2 extract of walnut”
In November 2017, on the basis of the NUPh Department, the following master degree students and doctoral degree student of the KazNMU underwent scientific internship as part of execution of their research works:
- SEMBAIEVA BAKYT – 2nd course master degree student of Pharmaceutical Faculty of the KazNMU (internship base: Department of Organization and Economics, scientific supervisor: Nemchenko A.S.) Topic: “Pharmacoepidemiological and pharmacoeconomic analysis of medicines used in cardiological practice”
- SYDYKOV SERIKZHAN – 3rd year doctoral degree student of the KazNMU (internship base: Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Clinical Pharmacology, scientific supervisor: Zupanets I.A.). Topic: “Scientific and methodological substantiation of the centralized automated monitoring system of side effects of pharmaceutical products in the Republic of Kazakhstan”
- TULIEHIENOVA AIHERIM – 3rd year doctoral degree student of the KazNMU (internship basis: Department of Pharmacoeconomics, scientific supervisor: Yakovlieva L.V.). Topic: “Improvement of the system of legal regulation for prevention of counterfeit pharmaceutical product trafficking in the Republic of Kazakhstan”
On April, 8-15, 2017, students of the NUPh – Pavlii Ihor, Holubchenko Tetiana, Kobylko Maryna, Melnyk Natalia, Podolian Yuliia, Aravina Vitalina, Samadol Bakhadirjon, Shapovalova Oksana, Dang Thi Linh Traug underwent introductory medical practical training and educational practical training in pharmacognosy under the supervision of the Head of the Department of Pharmacotherapy Prof. Kireyev and Head of the Department of Pharmacognosy Assoc. Prof. Koshovyi O.M. at the Faculty of Pharmacy of the Medical University of Warsaw under the inter-university agreement between the NUPh and the Warsaw Medical University (Poland).Students and faculty members of the NUPh visited the Department of Otolaryngology, where Prof. Kazimir allowed them to be present at the ear implant surgery. Students were familiarized with the basic principles and standards of treatment of the otolaryngological diseases, requirements for surgery units, measures to ensure the sterility, life support devices and modern specialized equipment used during surgeries.
There was a meeting with the Head of the International Department of the Medical University of Warsaw Hanna Voytasik.
During the visit of the NUPh delegation to the Department of Pharmacognosy of the Medical University of Warsaw, Head of the Department Prof. Marek Naruzhevych conducted an excursion tour of the Department, familiarized with the educational process and directions of scientific activities. Students participated in the scientific experiments: determined an influence of plant extracts and natural compounds on human neutrophil degranulation under supervision of Dr. Jakob Pivovarsky; impact of plant extracts and natural compounds on the oxidation on the model with human neutrophils under supersivion of Dr. Monica Tservinskai. Postgraduate of the NUPh Department of Pharmacognosy Chaika N.B. underwent internship at the Department of Pharmacognosy of the Medical University of Warsaw, where she completed a part of her scientific dissertation.
On April 13, the NUPh students and faculty members visited Cardiology Department of the Central Hospital Clinic of the Medical University of Warsaw, became familiar with the basic approaches and standards for provision of cardiac care: stenting, ablation holterization, rehabilitation, etc.; attended the stent placement surgery.
On April 14, a visit to the University Library took place: Master Paul Tarkovsky introduced organization of the circulation process of educational and scientific literature, working rules of reading halls, computer classrooms and directories to the NUPh delegation. Students of the NUPh also visited the Copernicus Science Centre, where they have got acquainted with the basic laws of physics and psychology.
During the visit to Warsaw, the NUPh delegation visited a botanical garden and a zoo, Park Łazienki Królewskie and Vilanova Park, museum of Chopin and museum of Jan III Sobieski.
According to the results of the trip, organization of the educational process at the Medical University of Warsaw was studied with a view of future introduction of the European experience at the NUPh; faculty members got familiar with problems of the educational process in the medical institution of higher education in terms of new educational and information technologies and integration to the research area; educational work was conducted among the students about the European culture and values, and living standards; students of the NUPh underwent introductory medical practical training and educational practical training in pharmacognosy at the Faculty of Pharmacy of the Medical University of Warsaw.